Hundreds of hospitals and health care associations have experienced Marcus Engel’s story of “I’m Here.” Scores of nursing and allied health colleges use, “I’m Here: Compassionate Communication in Patient Care” to teach the “soft skills” of health care. “The Other End of the Stethoscope: 33 Insights for Excellent Patient Care” is another book by Marcus being utilized to help generate empathy and understanding about the patient/family experience. The following are some of the organizations and educational programs that have been touched by Marcus’ words:
- Columbia University College of Nursing
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital – St. Louis, MO
- Mankato State University
- Linnfield College – Portland, OR
- Adventist Health Care/Florida Hospitals
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Kettering Health Care
- University of Arkansas – Little Rock
- Wake Med
- Wayne State University
- and many, many more!
Together, with the use of those two little words, we can change the culture of health care… worldwide!